View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2013
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I suspect your router's firewall is what is probably causing the connection problems.

Would you have permission to login access the router?

Bell have often used Speedstream routers in the past but also a few other brands. By the looks the Speedstream routers maintain their name on the router. So it is my guess you are using a 2Wire router. Internet support for modems, connection and home network from Bell so you can verify if it looks the same.

The only difference I can see from the different models of 2Wire or even Speedstream is the login address for the router.

1. Set up a static ip address: Setting a Static IP Address in Windows 7 - PortForward.com

2. Follow the instructions here for the 2Wire router: Port Forwarding Limewire on the 2wire 2701HG - PortForward.com
The Bell user-guide for the 2Wire router suggests using http://192.168.2.1 as the login address.

ie: you can manually add an application to the list. Depending on whether you wish to do this for LW 4, 5 or FrostWire.
Add a rule for each of TCP and UDP.

After finishing, save settings. Usually also best to reboot routers for the changes to take effect.

3. For LW depends if you are using LW 4 or LW 5. For LW 5 instructions, see http://www.gnutellaforums.com/tips-t...tml#post120010
For LW 4 or FrostWire (same approach as LW 4), use the instructions at portforword . com

FrostWire 5 is a torrent only program. It does not use the gnutella network. User opinions I have seen are they did not like it. But they were personal opinions only. If you wish a torrent only program, there are definitely much better ones out there such as uTorrent, Vuse and a few more that have been developing for many years and are fully acceptable even at private torrent sites. I am not aware of a 'private' torrent site that allows FrostWire 5.