View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2013
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Sounds like a good set-up. Did you get a response from Netgear yet about those issues?
Yeah the grey on black was not a good idea.

Coincidentally yesterday I set up my new Western Digital My Book II, 6 TB with RAID mirrored 3 TB. Of course this is only for backup purposes. Firewire 8 which is fast enough for me. I did have a lot of backup to do so was on for longer than usual, about 4 hours. In the reviews someone complained about the new device smell. I noticed this, smelled like plastic. The housing is a plastic. I'd prefer a metal box but anyway. Looks as though it is easy to change-over drives if one dies. I took a while to decide whether I'd use it as 6 TB or mirrored 3 TB. Even with 3 TB, still worked out cheaper than Lacie re: drive space versus price. I went for mirrored for obvious reliability purposes. I'd scream if I lost multiple TB's of data due to one of the drives becoming problematic.