View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2013
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation
Default Upload queue limited on Windows 7 + 8 for BSTest 5.1

Has anybody noticed it is not possible to increase the size of the upload queue from the default 4 to any higher figure?
This only seems applicable to Windows 7 and 8 as far as I know. Works fine in Windows XP and 2000. I first noticed the problem on Windows 8 after someone was trying to download several files and I realised the maximum allowable upload queue was small. Even manually changing the settings file in-between sessions, BearShare would still revert the queue maximum to 4. When I say default 4, in fact the settings installed with the BSLoader installer were 12.

I do not know if this affects other BearShare versions on Windows 7 and 8. Has anybody noticed this problem?

Upload queue limited on Windows 7 + 8 for BSTest 5.1-bs-upload-queue.gif (Click to see larger view) . . And here is the equivalent in Windows XP: Upload queue limited on Windows 7 + 8 for BSTest 5.1-bs-upload-queue-xp.gif