View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2013
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

My suggestion would be to look at the Ares settings file, most likely found in your AppData folder which can be found by bringing up Run or for Win 7 the Start menu search box or Win 8 the search function and search %appdata% and you will find the Areas settings folder. Check through each of those documents. Open with WordPad so it formats reasonably.

Then find a line in the settings file that refers to chat room or chat or server, ie: search those terms through the document including your name you refer to. Chances are you will find the line that matters, delete that line in the document and save with same file extension as it already has using the all files type. Option is either delete that line or change the name Ares chatroom is stuck on. I'm not sure which would be best.

Earlier in the year I tried out a program with Ares in the name but doubt it was the same program. I vaguely remember there was something that annoyed me about that program such as auto-connecting to things after startup despite being removed from startup items. I may have uninstalled it, can't remember.
OH .. now I remember, it was called AresMod or similar. It appeared to be european based (francais I think.)