View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2013
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough

Hi Sleepybear91

You have asked two questions, which I will try to answer to the best of my current knowledge.

First, you said:
Quote:
I see that Sandboxie has version 4.02 out already. Would you suggest I stick with 3.60 for an older computer.
I would say that if you have a powerful PC (dual core processor) with plenty of ram then you can use Sandboxie 4.02. I, however, have a three year old PC with an Intel i3 540 dual core CPU with 4GB Ram and I use Sandboxie version 3.76.

The second question was:
Quote:
I've got a real old PC also (the first of the HP media centers) from about 2004. What browser would work the best for it w/out crashing? Firefox? And what version?
To be honest, I can't really answer that question because the browser I would recommend will depend on the O/S and ram in your PC.

So, if you have WinXP (Home or Pro) on your old PC then you will need to put in as much ram memory as the motherboard will allow (which you should be able to now get at a very cheap price).

Next, you should go along to the following website: Old Version Downloads - OldApps.com Download several old versions of your favourite browser, install and uninstall each browser version as necessary until you find the right one for your PC.

Hope this helps

UK Bob