View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2013
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

OK, I just installed 5.3.6 on Win XP and got the identical error as you. LW took about 10 seconds to connect as Turbo with 5 dark blue bars. Connection window says no firewall detected. I vaguely remember the error looking a little different on earlier LW versions and stood out more but now it seems the error depends on Windows version.

LimeWire Pirate Edition-6433.png

So I would suggest it is not something to worry about.

BTW did you get this sorted out? Do you use the Blocklist I supply or only the built-in LW blocklist? If you don't wish to use the one I supply I can give you the most likely ranges of those particular hosts. Here's a couple of image samples: Uploading using Phex which is identical to what was happening to you and Connections with BearShare. Although Phex has a built-in blocklist, it does not block those ranges. Neither does the LW built-in list. There's more other than the ones in the images that they use. Their objective is to fill your upload slots so nobody else can download from you. They are BOTs (programmed to do what they do), we refer to as Hostiles.

AKA Hostile BOTs