View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2013
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by runt66 View Post
Ok , for 2 weeks i have been observing my 3 hosts carefully and that number , 27016 , that you warned me about in message 354 has come up every day ; i only use the built in lw blocklist so is that only updated every 12 months ??
Can you send me their addresses if you still have a list of them?

No the LW 'built-in' Blocklist does not get auto-updated. That blocklist will not have been updated for 3 years or a little over 3 years. The LimeWire company produced the 'built-in' blocklist but the LW company no longer exists.

The blocklists I offer are based off the BearShare Full-Hostiles blocklist with continual updates. I also combined it with the blocklists from a couple of other gnutella programs and made sure the listings from the LW 'built-in' list were also included. So the so-called Security blocklists I supply are continually updated lists. Not only added spammers and hostiles that are designed to fill your upload slots, but also hostiles designed to DDoS your client, and also some criminal investigation groups. I update the LW list about once every two months (it's due for another update.) If more people were downloading it I would update it monthly. There's 4 choices. Two are 'light' lists which are a fraction of the size of the other two. This is in case your LW has memory problems. The other two are very large but a little smaller than the BearShare blocklist. You have a choice to block all Japanese hosts or not. The reason for this is not only to block Japanese hostile hosts but also for those who had contacted me in regards to keeping their search results and connections limited to their cultural interests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runt66 View Post
About 6 months ago , my emails that tell me that a new post has been added to the threads , just stopped coming ; why is it so ??
Apologies. This is a bug that occasionally happens with the forum. Sometimes threads you might be subscribed to are updated with a new post but emails are not sent to those subscribed to the thread. The mail-server has a limit of emails it can send and this might be one of the problems. There's a lot of people who might be subscribed to this thread for example. I have no control over the mail-server, all I can do is nag the owner lol. Did you receive an email notifying you of this post reply?