View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2013
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepybear91 View Post
LOTR, The space where LW allows you to add a host connection port (that frequently keeps popping back to 6346) What number or different numbers would be wise to enter in there for true music hosts? And European?
Thanks
These days probably the only client programs that keep that port as the default would be the older ones such as Cabos, Acqlite, BearShare, etc. Programs like GTK, LW, FW & Phex will tend to use UPnP where the port will vary each time the user opens their program, unless they port forwarded the program.

So in answer, I think you can even just keep it blank. And in some ways (at least in general) I'm not sure it even matters if you add a port the client is not using at the time.

I've manually added host addresses for programs like BearShare 5, Gnucleus, LuckyWire. And it did not seem to matter that the port was different or no port, a connection was still able to be made to the hosts manually added. Two of the best Phex hosts I'm aware of (obviously same household) use different static ports, yet when I've added the address, sometimes I've connected to one or the other regardless of the port I added.

I'm not sure what difference it makes when the hosts are port forwarded.

As far as seeking music hosts, I don't think the port number has any relevance.