View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2013
Novicius

paranoid_android is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Limewire keeps shutting down

Hey I installed limewire the other day and at some point (could have been right after installation or perhaps hours later) limewire just stopped running. Didn't freeze, didn't give an error message, just disappeared from the taskbar. I started it up again, and it ran for a couple minutes then did it again.

It just keeps doing that over and over. It's getting to the point where if I don't babysit it, make sure it gets reopened every time it shuts down, I can't make good time on downloads.

I'll note that for some reason, right now it's running fine. This 15 minute stretch is the longest it's run since the problem began. I doubt it's over, I think the current stability is just a fluke.

Anyway, anybody else run into this problem or know a fix? I see the latest post in this sub-forum was a month ago, so I'm not too optimistic vis a vis expecting a response. But a couple of you browse through here, so maybe not all hope is lost...