View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2013
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough
Default Android Tablets, are they safe?

Hi Forum Members

Some of you may have caught some posts of mine where I said that I plan to buy a Tablet in the near future, although not specified at the time I was thinking along the lines of an Android Tablet. Simply because Apple Tablets, I believe, cost more than they are worth and are probably status symbols or fashion statements for the owners.

As Android tablets are competitively priced and possess more functionality than I will ever need I feel, rather than know, that this has got to be the most advantageous way to go.

However, because it seems that Android O/S has no central authorisation route to curb the excesses of its app writers. This has lead to dodgy companies writing booby-trapped apps with impunity to either extract money from users credit cards, bank accounts or even collecting personal data to sell.

Check out this link:

BBC News - Data haul by Android Flashlight app 'deceives' millions

I know that most of us have seen adverts where it is suggested that you can use your Android Tablet to do your shopping or carry out any other financial transaction. But at the moment, and until Android OS is properly regulated by Google, I believe you can only use a Tablet for entertainment only.

UK Bob