View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2013
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough
Default Android Tablets

Hi Sleepless

Thanks for the benefit of your experience, I would like to take this opportunity to ask you a few questions.

You said:
Quote:
when you search for apps for your android device it is pretty obvious which ones can be fully trusted
You know, this reminds me of the many discussions we have had with newbies running around the Internet buying "Free Limewire Basic" from scam sites, so you see the flavour of where I'm coming from. Anyway, baring in mind I am likely to be looking at apps for the first time, how can I or any newbie tell if he is installing and or using a bogus/harmful app?

You have also said:
Quote:
I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 for my mom and she's much happier with that than the Windows laptop she had before.
You have confirmed what I have been reading about Tablets, i.e. older users prefer them to laptops. I would just like to ask if your mum has ever used her Tablet to, say, buy her groceries?

Also, have you bought and/or installed any protective apps for your mum's Tablet, such as Anti-Virus, firewall, etc. and if so what?

Finally, I will take your advice and look into getting a Galaxy 10" TAB 3.

Cheers

UK Bob