View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2014
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I didn't update my Win 8 to 8.1. Could you possibly downgrade or is that impossible? I read something about 8.1 having issues not too long back, and some general sentiment in some ways it was going backward in design concepts; the article seemed to be a warning about 8.1. Not sure it was a link you posted in another thread or something I found myself.

For the past decade I've generally had a philosophy wait & see, of reading user reviews before updating software. In that way finding out if the updates are true updates & bug free or not or whether it could render my use of such software difficult or impossible, wrecking work flows. I've sometimes made exceptions, and sometimes regretted it. Downgrading after such mistakes can be difficult & troublesome.

Yes I know the worded hype in updates suggests you should update for security or other reasons, when it's often just a marketing kind of wording. (Improvements, but we don't yet know how many dozens or hundreds of bugs might show up or whether the improvements might actually be detrimental to general use lol.)