View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2014
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJx View Post
Below is a link to an updated version of LimeWire Pirate Edition based on the metapirate source.

Code:
ChangeLog:
-This release of LW Pirate Edition is for Windows OS x86.
-Increased number of connection from 5 to 10 when not an ultrapeer.
-Replaced the ugly splash screen of the metapirate LW Pirate Edition.
 -Updated LimeWire.exe to work with Java 1.7.
-Removed the code that deletes the Gnutella.net if 30 days old!
 -Linked the "Home Screen" to {Installdir}\lib\LimeHome.xhtml so it can be easily personalized.
LimeWirePirateEditionWin-v5.6.3 - Download - 4shared - BigJx BigJx

BigJx
WTG BigJx, the community thanks you. I'm away for a couple more weeks but will update links when I return.

Likewise I recently found the portion of the code that dealt with the 30 day deletion of the gnutella file. I had sent a PM to File_Girl in reference to it.
One other thing that stuck in my mind was the Linux version had no problems opening directly with Java 1.7, but both the Windows & MacOSX versions did/do.
There would have been a few other changes I would have made. Re: java memory, reduced frequency of UHC calls & instead increased connection cache size (I found where this is in the code), & a few other things I won't mention now. (There are many less UHC's & GWC's around now compared to 4 years ago & the remaining ones are under a lot of pressure of requests. So this change might mean a slightly slower connecting time but a much more reliable connection process.)
Installer/uninstaller with firewall rule addition or removal for the program.

Not sure what the GTK-Gnutella & Phex devs would think of a leaf with 10 peers. This will mean a much greater demand for more ultrapeers to cater for it. If there are no more ultrapeers to cater, then it will mean peer slots will be harder to find for those first connecting to the network. Just thought I'd point out this simple logic.
I suspect you will find the ratio increase in search results compared to increased peers for a leaf is not very large.
Still many people around the world (even in Western countries) who still use dial-up connections. Connecting to 10 ultrapeers would probably mean higher bandwidth 'Overhead' & thus less bandwidth available for downloading or uploading.

If I got to the point of compiling, personally I'd have renamed the application & removed all references to LimeWire & changed the logo, due to LimeWire being copyright & under a court distribution restriction in the USA.

BTW I suspect it might have been a good option to zip the file instead of offering it as an exe download. Also not sure why the download link is sub-linked to social media sites instead of a plain simple download. I'm not a member of any of those social sites.