View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2002
_eLeCtRiFyInG MeMbRr_

nDiScReEt is flying high
Default Hopefully A Final Note

First, I just wanted to add for those whom have not installed LimeWire yet in their *nix environment that my suggestions were tested in a bash shell and are not guaranteed to work with any other shell environments.

Second, these suggestions that I have provided to fix installation issues are also the best proper way to install LimeWire with a near 100% success rate, which is what my methods are enjoying right now.

Third, I discovered that for anyone using gcc3.1 or higher as their primary and only compiler environement will not be able to install LimeWire using the Linux installer.Unless, you put a proper CLASSPATH into your.bash_profile.

(Do the following:

vi .bash_profile

<press "i" (eye) to begin inserting/editing/adding information>

export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:

<press "Esc" to end editing>

Type the following:

:wq

<This you do to write and quit.>
For those in a graphical environment using KDE, Gnome, blackbox, etc use kate, kwrite, gedit instead.

Use the tarball (tar.gz) instead.

Lastly, feeling confident that this will solve primarily all problems in this forum thread regarding installation issues using a bash environment (I should be a pollitician because I sure know how to cover my @ztsets! LoL), I am marshalling all my time and energies to developing LimeWire from this point onwards. I have my profiles to receive message when anyone leaves a message anywhere I have been and so I will be able to help out even though I physically won't be checking the forums on a daily basis.

Best regards,
altoine

Last edited by nDiScReEt; August 16th, 2002 at 03:31 PM.