View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2002
Connoisseur

Treatid is flying high

Senior Members are only those people who have posted a certain number of messages. They have no official capacity.

The developers of LimeWire have no duty to provide technical support to unregistered users. Registered users have alternate forms of support available to them.

The official moderators will respond if a message is reported to them - but there are no clear guide lines as to what is acceptable and what isn't. And they aren't being paid to do this either as far as I know.

Personally, I've found most of the more prolific posters to be helpful and informative most of the time. But even the most calm person is liable to be riled by the umpteenth person who comes along shouting and sulking that "somethings wrong and I want it fixed now you Bleep, Bleep, Bleeps", with no more information than that.

Yes, there are young people on the forums. Quite often they are they ones using the less delicate language.

If you are concerned about the way people communicate, your best option is to respond to their message and help them to communicate more effectively. Why rely on other people to do this for you when it is your concern?

I'm not trying to disparage you in any way. I have considerable sympathy for your point of view - but I think the best solutionis to educate rather than to censor.

Mark

Mark