View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2014
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrazo View Post
I just downloaded the LPE 5.6.2 "Package" and installed the Windows version on a Win 7 system. ... but when launched, tells me I need Java 6.0 or above. I verified my Java Enviroment and have 7.0, both 64 and 32 bit versions installed. ... Any suggestions?
If you prefer to use LPE, you need to install LimeStart & launch LPE via LimeStart (LimeStart is included in the package.) Installing LimeStart will replace all of the original LPE shortcuts & point to LimeStart instead. Alternatively if you install WireShare then the problem is fixed without need for LimeStart. WireShare has also fixed several other bugs in regards to Java 7. WireShare should also arguably be a little easier to connect with. WireShare (released this year) uses the same sourcecode as LPE (released 2010), bug fixes and improvements have been made & should run more smoothly than LPE.
If you decide to install WireShare, then you should probably first uninstall LPE. Though both can coexist on the system.