View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2014
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeX View Post
Thanks for creating this new thread as WireShare (formerly entitled LimeWire Pirate Edition).
Your welcome. And thank you for suggesing a logical change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeX View Post
My fixing procedure above worked as said, but created lots of items with bad permissions related to Java. I have found it today after running Apple Disk Utility and have repaired them all.

So, it is good to run Disk Utility repair permissions after the items replacement indicated in the fixing procedure above.
That's not surprising. Files from a different system, different permissions. I remember trying something similar 3+ years ago with replacing java files from the alternate startup drive but can't remember if it fixed the issue or not (maybe not, maybe not the same files). I simply remember one day I realised the problem seemingly vanished out of the blue when I tried to use LW5 or a LW5 based program. I'd been using LW 4.16 instead. (My favorite was 4.14 but couldn't find the installer when I bought this computer. Though found it much later.)

(Re-implementing one or more things from LW 4 is on the list of possible things to do, but no promises it will happen.)