View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2014
Connoisseur

Joe Busuttil has a spectacular aura about

Many thks for your usual kindness, promptness and patience with a slowcoach that I am. At age 76 it is hard for me to master computer navigation, particularly where I come across problems with creating a light glow in a lantern and changing a street day-scene to a night-scene.
Your method has helped me a lot, but I am still not sure of myself. I had taken a photo of a lighthouse in daytime but the red colour of the lamp itself does not show well enough: in fact, it is rather greyish, probably because of the time of day when the picture was taken.
Using your detailed method helped me to reach the stage where I could put in the red light, but there are still two problems I cannot solve here, being:

1. The red light is too strong and looks flat, as if it has been painted over the
lamp to produce a "plasticized" image, an image that looks like a red blob not a red light!
I hope I am explaining myself well as I don't know how to include a copy of the image in this email !

2. The glow I managed to obtain looks like a yellowish halo around the lamp, and that's not the kind of glow that I want, as it looks artificial and unrealistic. Moreover, how do I reduce the size of the glow to make it fit "naturally" in the lantern? I want to achieve a warm red light in the lamp.

3. Is there a way to print the images that you sent me in your reply? I have obtained a screenshot of them but the result is still out-of-focus, I mean, blurred.

4. Lastly, how to change a day street-scene to a night-scene? I have located a video tutorial online which explains a method that does not seem to be too complicated, but the tutor is too fast for me to follow, and what I really need is not just the "lecture" by the tutor and the images in the tutorial but a step-by-step printed list showing me what the moves are to obtain the results shown on the images.

I hope I have not written at too much length to bore you and, in closing, please let me assure you once yet again of my gratitude.

Joe