View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2002
Unregistered

Default Push/resume not working

I'm useing qtella 0.5.2 on a redhat 7.3 box. I have a ADSL link with a static ip address and no firewalls. I have never been able to get a push to work. I have done some packet traces and see a push going out but never get a reply. How well does push work in general? I have played with it a lot and would assume it should work at least once in a while.

Also qtella crashes when I try to resume. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong when I complied it. I did the stock ./configure;make;make install. If there is anything I can help with let me know.

This is a great program, thanks alot for the effort. I know you are always looking for features so here is my two cents.

An option to prevent people from uploading is they are not shareing file. PTP and scabs do not work well together in my option.

Second is it possable to download the same file from diffrent hosts to speed things up some. most ISP use some kind of asymmetral network. V.90, ADSL, and most cable modems are very limited on uplink, which is were I would be downloading from.

Third is there a way to push qtella into the background so I can log off but have it keep working and later come back and get to GUI to connect to the background process.

Once again thaks

Alan

Alan