View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2002
Brain updates D/Ld on P2P

MacTerminator is flying high

1. Automatic resume (with search if necessary) by clicking on incomplete files or with the Force Resume button would be the big revolution for me. Many users have been begging for this feature for months. I know the LW team is working on it. Let's hope it appears in 2.5 along with file hashing.

Why? If you're fed up with seeing the requery countdown for days on end, if the server goes offline, if it gives endless busy messages or if stays at 0k/s you'll eventually give up and hit the Kill Download button. Then you're stuck with the incomplete file.

2. I would like to see more accurate server information: To have [real] available upload bandwidth in the the Speed column in the search window i.e. '4k/s' or '28k/s' instead of 'Modem' or 'T3'.

3. Like many others , I'd like to see a Copy, Paste fuction - this one surely can't be difficult to implement?

4. Browse Host with a list of favourites.

For me the internal media player is totally unecessary. Everybody has their favourite dedicated player (Quicktime, Windows Media Player, Winamp, itunes etc.) so why waste development time on what is merely a secondary feature that won't work as well anyway? All that's needed is the option to configure which player you want to use for each file type (.mov , .mp3 , .mpg ....)

Last edited by MacTerminator; May 19th, 2002 at 08:59 AM.