View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2014
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollobrowne View Post
... Sadly nothing I have done allows the download from Wireshare to run.

You will have already guessed that I am not computer literate other than at a basic level.
Any update on your trials?
If you need any more guidance let us know.

I am aware of an anomaly with WireShare's launch function on MacOSX. (I don't have the in-built player enabled.) Often when I try to launch a video or image from the upload window I get an error message saying the system does not have a program that can open that type of file.
Yet I've also noticed if I have Mac's Preview program already open it seems to launch the file without issue.
Also noticed that after a video file launch error (VLC has been launched) and if I launch the video from the computer I get the same error message unless I quit the player (VLC) first. I never saw this issue with LPE. It might be a permissions based issue. If that's the case then it's probably due to the OSX installer design or lack of considering registering things to the system.

WireShare  (formerly entitled LimeWire Pirate Edition)-ws-image-launch-error.png <- Image launch error. . . WireShare  (formerly entitled LimeWire Pirate Edition)-ws-video-mp4-launch-issue.png <- Video mp4 format launch error.

WireShare  (formerly entitled LimeWire Pirate Edition)-ws-player-error-1.png <- Video mpeg 2 format launch error.
This last snapshot was taken 6 months ago. Not sure this issue is caused by same problem. Different error message you will notice.