View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2015
Novicius

deadlyhead is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Dance Update

When my old modem started to act flakey, that is when I installed the SmartRG modem/router. The Service tech "updated" the router when it was installed and told me that the speed would double. I should have known that they have a lock on the router and the password; and were going to throttle down the bandwidth.

So,with all the problems that ensued, I took the SmartRG modem/router off and replaced it with the old XAVI Tech modem that I had repaired. I Put my old routers in the system and then WireShare and eMule magically started working again. But, there was a big problem with getting DNS addresses through their server. I had to disable both p2p programs and reset the modem in order to be able to use the internet for anything else. THEN I noticed that the rat basturds had gotten into my router(s) and remapped the IP addresses. WHY? They even managed to change the passwords on MY Routers. I reset everything and then had to re-program the routers. (BACKUP, BACKUP,BACKUP) Now three hours later, I am back up to speed (with more intense passwords)
If they mess with me again, I'll change Providers.

Anybody know if the Satellite ISP vendors are throttling down p2p bandwidth?