View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2015
ReTired

Sleepless is just really nice

To be honest I can't really answer whether I think WireShare is the best application or not, since I personally do not use it as a file sharing option.

What I did when I used Limewire (before it went downhill) was forcing it to run as ultrapeer. This took a great hit on my upload bandwidth, but in turn I could find pretty much all the available music on the network and I have very diverse taste, where maybe there is one copy shared by very few people. But if we are talking safety, then I would say nothing leaves you more open to the copyright trolls, than running as an ultrapeer while sharing tons of stuff at the same time.

I don't think I would do that nowadays without having some kind of wall between me and potential threats.

But one things you can make yourself perfectly clear is that to get e.g. access to private trackers specializing in stuff like that, you need to invest time at least. Probably also money in form of own rare content to share on sites considered stepping stones to the smaller niche trackers.

If you are really interested in that then shoot me a PM and I can give you some pointers, but like I said it takes time.