View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2015
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by runt66 View Post
My partner wants to change isp when we move house ; she is so sick of telstra ; but if we change to optus or iinet or wanet or tpg or iprimus or aapt ;they may also block p2p music sharing ;
Unlikely.
TPG is great for the amount GB you can download for the price (or the 'Unlimited' plan) but their customer support is probably bottom of the ladder in quality.
iiNet has the best customer support but are more expensive. AAPT I don't know much about. I had heard complaints about iPrimus many years ago, but not sure how they are now. I believe their regular top speeds are lower than some other ISPs (reported to me by my brother & someone else.)
The http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/ forums would be a good place to check out reports of other ISPs.

My thoughts are somewhat biased about Telstra. I cannot stand them. Liars & deceivers. Too many stories to tell about their past. Including consideration of reporting them to the ombudsman which apparently many others had for same reason of their dealing with my account during moving house (they hijacked my account away from my other company.)