View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2015
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale5000 View Post
...Once the EOL are fixed if you use only a good text editor it should preserve EOL as they are and it should NOT create empty lines in the first place.
Notepad++ always preserve EOL as they are, it will change them only if you request it.
An AS forum recommended I use TextWrangler instead of TextEdit because it will not suffer the same problems & has far better applescript support & can run scripts directly (I'm guessing in similar way to how Notepad++ might be able to run script or program code.)

The other text program I started using occasionally from last year is called Sublime Text 2. It's advantages are that it preserves formatting & preserves MacOSX permissions of the file. But I normally use this for editing code (with exception of putting the host-file in reverse order. ie: some gnutella apps read the host-file from bottom-up due to the way it's loaded.) Edit: I have confirmed Sublime Text 2 is maintaining the original EOL.

Whilst using Notepad++, I again ran into issues with both the large hostiles but this time it was limited to the last two lines. Always the last array on last listing had lost a number or more. In the image example, 4 individual numbers are missing on the last line which includes the entire last array. This might be Win 8 related. I normally do my Win text work on XP after finding an anomaly with text handling either on Win 7 or 8 a few years ago.

Security packages for LimeWire (help block out the spam and evil hosts)-abbreviated-number.png

I've released v.4 update.

Again, many thanks for your help.