View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2001
Infogeek

Default Re: Linux/BSD Native Client

ryan15575, you said

> my current client (GTK_Gnutella) works great, but doesn't support sharing which is disappointing

I don't know where you got your latest version, but go get gtk-gnutella from CVS at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtk-gnutella/
apply the latest patch from the patch manager and away you go. It's very nice now, the older versions were lacking, it shares out just fine. I think it's up to par with bearshare or limewire for features. Too bad Gnuc isn't for Linux.

Did you try any of the others? What did you think of them? What versions are you running? Are we the only ones here that run a Linux box too?

I found you have to dig a bit because the open source guys are contributing their time for free and don't always post releases. You should learn how to do anon CVS, it's easy once you get the hang of it.

If you still have problems or need more info, just ask.

I was having fun connecting bearshare and limewire on my windoze box to gnut and gtk-gnutella, it's hard to keep them connected to each other. It's also hard to keep track of what client is doing what in my mind! Transfers seem to be fast between bearshare and gtk-gnutella, let me know what you find out.

I will try and do some more research on available clients this week if I get time.