Thread: New to this :)
View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2016
Novicius

BlindGuy is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

It’s possible that I’m missing something here, or that I have made a bad guess concerning the purpose of this site… possibly both. I try to be intuitive, rather than do a lot of reading (you would too, if you are registered blind). If you’re curious, let me tell you that I’m writing this using speech recognition software. I’m always on the hunt for audiobooks, the reasons for this should be self-explanatory. In recent times I’ve signed up for first ‘Bolt.CD,’ ‘tehPARADOX’ and ‘Mobilism.’ As far as I can make out, the first two of these have disappeared off the net. Now, I’m hunting around for a similar kind of site that will offer me the opportunity of searching for links to audiobooks stored on third-party clouds and provided by mysterious characters who have no wish to admit that the link has anything to do with them, saving posting it! Perhaps because I don’t have the necessary skills, I can find no other sites of a similar ilk. I had hoped that this site was one such, but running a search of it turns up none of the links to clouds that I associated with the three sites that I’ve just mentioned. Now, I’m well and truly stumped! No, I’m not talking about sites that offer a monthly membership entitles you to access to a very limited number of audiobook titles and I’m certainly not going to signing up with Audible, for all kinds of reasons! Does anybody know where I’m coming from and can point me in the direction of what I want?