View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2017
Novicius

Rafa51 is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default The 10 Best Recent Horror Movies

5. 10 Cloverfield Lane

10 Cloverfield Lane is a terrifying chamber thriller that features career best performances from Mary Elizabeth Winstead and John Goodman. It manages to do a lot with little and proves horror films don't need masked killers or insane violence to be tense.

4. The Invitation

The Invitation tells the story of a dinner party gone awry. It is patient, chilling and features the best horror ending of 2016. Director Karyn Kusama does a great job building to an unforgettable climax that will make your head explode (not really). You need to watch The Invitation!

3. The Conjuring 2

Director James Wan is the king of mainstream horror and he has found a way to appeal to both critics and audiences. What I like about The Conjuring 2 is it features heroes instead of victims. The Warrens (Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga) are awesome ghostbusters who put themselves in danger to save others. I love the Warren's unselfishness and willingness to dive headlong into danger.

2. The Neon Demon

The Neon Demon is incredibly divisive but you won't find a more beautiful horror film. Director Nicolas Winding Refn is a maestro of mayhem who loads his films with amazing visuals, lots of blood and insane plots. The Neon Demon works because it is so different. When you watch as many horror films as I do it is nice to see something different and kinda dangerous. Watch this film with an open mind and embrace the experience.

1. Hush

You need to watch Hush. It is a fantastic cat-and-mouse thriller that features great performances from John Gallagher Jr. and Kate Siegel. What I love about Hush is how it creates a terrifying new killer that isn't explained away via expository dialogue. An added bonus is Stephen King loves it.

Last edited by Sleepless; February 8th, 2017 at 07:42 AM. Reason: removed offending link