View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2002
Unregistered

Default I Bow To You!

Ursula, you said it all in a nutshell!

Having fun with p2p is whats its all about. But its no fun when the darn thing doesn't work....*L*

Believe me I have no desire to personally insult or attack anyone, though sometimes one has to prod a little to get someones attention.

Seriously, you have to agree that there are many problems that users are having, the same problems over and over again, that are falling on "deaf ears". LimeWire has been around quite awhile now, and these problems still go unfixed.

Example:

Quote: "That said, we do have an alternate windows installer for LimeWire Pro that will almost
definitely work for you. It's not avaiable for the free version basically JUST BECAUSE we didn't have the SAME MOTIVATION to make it, but if you buy pro, it's listed at the bottom."

(I capped several of the words, not from the original text)

Now what gives with that? The "SAME MOTIVATION", seems to me that there should be no difference in the code or technology being used in either the free or Pro version, other than the "nice" little bundle that goes along with the free version.

The spyware issue has been around since version 1.8, and it only gets worse. Bad enough the popup-ads and tracking, and the trojan delimma, which I for one still find it hard to believe that no one had an idea what it was going to do, the performance issues only compound user dislike. My point being, that is the reason why so many users are opting for the cleanclient versions. At least they don't have to put up with the spyware.

I have no qualms about paying for a piece of software if it did what it was advertised to do, no matter if it cost only a few dollars or hundreds of dollars. But, I'm definately not going to pay for something that is buggy, even if it only costs a dollar. I guess some people are more tolerant and are willing to pay, no matter how much hair they have to pull out...*L*...

This has gotten off the original topic...*L*.. I do wonder if any of the moderators (aka) developers will respond to this post?