View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2017
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Thanks for the reply and for the effort to have ram give a response.

As for forum accessibility, there's a chance it's due to the site being flagged in browser or computer security. Several years back this occurred due to dubious advertisement(s) that had issues. I guess putting gnutella forum on the safe list might be attempted, though ram probably doesn't need to visit here very often.

I understand the arguments against re: hostile ip blocking. Though some people feel safer using something of that nature. In my experience this decade I have come across investigative hosts (police from various parts of the world) via connections or either way browsed or downloading from me and frankly some people would prefer not to come into contact with them if they could avoid it. I'm not going to list all the pro reasons. At least with GTK-Gnutella a person can disable the ability for others to browse them which blocks out browse-bots. Other bots can potentially be blocked by pseudo version they might use. Such as LimeWire/4.21.1 (rc), specifically LimeWire 4.16 (no sub-version), etc. Though that obviously does not count for all of them.