View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2019
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Yes it might simply be the name of the rule rather than the application.

Have you checked your internal ip address to be sure you are actually running on the one listed? However as you said, if it only shows if WireShare is running then sounds like that part is fine.
A quick google: (1) Click the Start icon and select Settings. (2) Click the Network & Internet icon. (3) To view the IP address of a wired connection, select Ethernet on the left menu pane and select your network connection, your IP address will appear next to "IPv4 Address".

Perhaps try changing the port number you have listed in those rules. Also change it to the same port in WireShare's settings. Perhaps change to a port number in the 30000 or 40000 or 50000 range.

I can tell you from experience if any other program has run using the same port forwarded port earlier in the same computer session, then the router will make that port unavailable for any other program. (My suspicions you might have run LimeWire, etc. using same port prior to running WireShare.)

Note: I'm no doubt in a different timezone and might need to continue discussing this later if the problem is not solved. Super late here now.