View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2019
Devotee

evil4ever is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Will give it a try and post update.
EDIT: Okay, here's an interesting take - I tried a previous version of WireShare (5.6.4.2) and it worked straight out of the box, no firewall exception needed, no run as administrator, nothing, just install and run - worked. I thought about trying this earlier but I couldn't find previous versions for some reason, but now when I checked the Google Drive link, I noticed there were 2 previous versions available so I gave it a try.
Any idea why this one works out of the box and 5.6.6 doesn't?
I tried what you suggested with the version and setup I had from yesterday but it didn't work. Firewall exceptions were added (both outgoing and incoming), I changed the default listening port and made sure it was being forwarded from the router, I ran the program as an administrator after which I set its properties to always open as administrator...still nothing. I thought that maybe something was off with the installation so I thought I should redownload the installer from a different source and start clean - that's when I came about the older versions.
Below you have the advanced tools coonections that are showing up right now, does everything look good to you?

Last edited by evil4ever; January 8th, 2019 at 04:36 AM.