View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2019
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil4ever View Post
I don't use any 3rd party software that might block WSHR.
I double checked the UPnP and it has 2 forwards for both protocols.
The IP is correct, it doesn't change....
... I disabled the SPI Firewall in the router's settings but I'm still showing behind a firewall....now it's starting to get frustrating because I don't know what can cause this...
I disabled Windows Firewall....I disabled router firewall and I'm still behind one? what the hell.
I recall having a firewall issue with Win 10 after Win OS update earlier last year. I cannot recall what I did to fix it though. It is looking like a Win 10 issue with the firewalling.

My ignorance: I found this note about allowing apps through Win 10 firewall online:
"Select Private if want the app to communicate in the local network. Or select Public when the app needs to communicate through the firewall on the internet. You can select both options as needed."
My firewall rules are Private & Public. However since you tried disabling the firewall, this is obviously not the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runt66 View Post
Lets hope my question is easier than evils ; is wireshare 5.6.6 compatible with my hp windows 10 desktop computer .
No reason why it should not be compatible with any Win 10 system. I tested WSHR out on Win 10 with both failure and success as mentioned in post #19. Though there's apparently different Win 10 variations. However evil4ever's experience is 5.6.6 would not connect. Different hardware, Win 10 variations including 32 & 64-bit, & desktop/laptop, and personally customised variations between everybody's system can sometimes mean different results for running particular versions of software.