View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2019
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Thanks for going to the effort of the snapshot hosting. I apologise and hope you don't mind but decided to edit the image so that it does not list the entire address of the hosts for their privacy. I also shrunk the image slightly.

Glad to see you are able to connect. However it would be preferable if you were able to fix the firewalling issue. Something is amiss. Either the UPnP is not working as it should or the port forwarding process is not properly set-up or something else on the computer's set-up is causing the firewalling. The question is to figure out what is causing the firewalling. It's my guess it is purely UDP firewalling and TCP is ok.

Keeping in mind UPnP and port forwarding are two different independent approaches to battling the NAT issue with routers. Only one can be used at a time.

If UPnP is used then it needs to be enabled within WireShare and if the router has a UPnP on or off option then it needs to be enabled.

Portforwarding requires the manual port setting within WireShare, and a TCP and UDP port forward rule set within the router. With your router I believe the port forwarding rule is referred to as a 'virtual server' rule. Some routers you can set both TCP and UDP within the same rule. But for some routers it is sometimes better to set each of TCP and UDP as separate port forward rules for the same port.

Did you try setting up a virtual server rule?