View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2019
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation
Off Topic Unable to Upload: Upload limit reached

Quote:
Originally Posted by runt66
WireShare and Windows 10 - Not Connecting-uploadlimitreached_screen-shot-2019-05-24.png
(original image showed all songs by same artist)
As a moderator I was able to see your deleted post and took a snapshot excluding the file-names. Yes it was off-topic. Unfortunately, WireShare has built-in presets for uploads including queueing. I increased this 5 years ago to overcome some extreme buggy behavour (such as occasionally auto-banning hosts trying for their first file to download.) This is unlike LimeWire v.4 where you could change the upload slots per host and overall and unless I'm mistaken also change the queue size. To my understanding very long queues are not good for the ultrapeers which help manage a host's uploads to some degree (at least that's what a lime dev hinted to me last decade.)

There's not a lot you can do to fix the problem. Perhaps increase the overall upload slots but that's about it. There's still a built-in limit of slots per host that cannot be overcome in settings. I know, it's sad. LimeWire v.5 was obviously not designed with big file-sharers in mind. That was obvious from day one of the LW 5.0 alpha-beta release. That's one reason why I was never over keen about LW 5.

Edit: For a group of related files such album downloads, some exception should be made. A few years back I pencilled in techniques how this could be achieved as exceptions to standard slots per host.