View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2019
Enthusiast

zlatinb is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post

Comment: Whilst the keep in tray (but running in background) has been in the Windows OS for many years, I've personally never heard of this for MacOS (with exception of a server app.)

I'm running MacOS and VLC and Skype have system tray icons, so I thought it was a more accepted practice. I can add a configuration option to not minimize to tray if that will make things better.

Quote:

2. I noticed I had redownloaded the netshare 0.5.2 overnight. After the above restart it is presently attempting to redownload it yet again but with a connecting status and eta of unknown.
That shouldn't happen, looks like a bug; the only way it could happen is if when you shut it down it was in the middle of downloading the update. Then it would just resume that download after restart.

Quote:

3. The mp3 influx has returned for this restart. It's tiring removing them all. It might be easier to totally remove all of those particular folders and re-add via dnd selected files.
I have implemented a fix for the underlying problem, with the next version you will be able to remove individual files from a shared folder without them getting re-shared after restart. But for now yes, the only solution is to unshare the entire containing folder and then re-add files via dnd.