View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2019
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatinb View Post
I'm running MacOS and VLC and Skype have system tray icons, so I thought it was a more accepted practice. I can add a configuration option to not minimize to tray if that will make things better
This might have been a one off struggling to be able to quit the program, including via the dock option. I guess I was a little shocked when this happened and quitting Mw did not appear to work, just a reiteration of the same popup window of running in tray.

From a personal note I'd prefer a config option not to go to tray/dock. Personally I simply Hide the app if I don't want the gui showing, standard practice. Command H

All running gui apps on OSX will have a listing in the dock/tray. For ease of access and opening people may choose to retain the app in the dock. During installation some apps will permanently put themselves in the dock which requires manual removal. I consider that an arrogant install attitude. Could you imagine a dock with 150+ apps lol. I've seen something similar and it's confusing and somewhat pointless.