View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2019
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatinb View Post
0.5.6 is out.
I can't open it. Going inside package dnd to terminal (not sure which to choose):
/Applications/MuWire.app/Contents/MacOS/muwire-mac.sh: line 6: jre/bin/java: cannot execute binary file

/Applications/MuWire.app/Contents/MacOS/MuWire.jar
-bash: /Applications/MuWire.app/Contents/MacOS/MuWire.jar: Permission denied

Note: I'm on os10.11. A limitation of my hardware-firmware re: upgrading.

Quote:
* Added support for "Sidecar" files. More info https://github.com/zlatinb/muwire/wiki/Sidecar-files
Quote:
The maximum length of a comment is 32kb.
I presume this is the file size? That seems a particularly large allowance for comments; potentially over a thousand words. On one hand it's great commentaries can be large but somehow it looks like it could become short story length.

Quote:
* Added system status panel that shows memory usage and Java version
Good to hear.

Quote:
* When there is an update available, a message window with description of the update will popup
Any possibility of shifting to self-updating options in the future? I don't know what process the average 3rd party MacOS app uses but I suspect it's based on Sparkle. By self-updating I'm not referring to updating without the owner's permission (not sure that's even officially allowed on MacOS) but giving notification of an update with an update info window and then once selected it auto updates and restarts. It can be such a clean process and many (most of mine) 3rd party Macos apps use this process.

Quote:
* On Mac, the toolbar should now say "MuWire
Launcher version 1.0 was a little meaningless. The About Launcher window simply showed Java version 1.0

I had noticed it's possible to dnd from iTunes directly to MW. One occasion I noticed after removing the files so I could rename them (the physical files), I was unable to re-add them via the same dnd process with iTunes. Possibly because iTunes had not yet updated its references. So now I wait until the files have been renamed before adding either via iTunes or direct dnd from a folder.

I thought for music it might be best to rename the file starting with the artist, album and song title in that order. It's sort of based on the method used by priv torrent sites for torrent titles.