View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2019
Enthusiast

zlatinb is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Quote:
I can't open it.
I was able to reproduce this. The only thing that I changed for the Mac packaging was the Java version, so I switched back to 11 and now it works. I've updated the binary on the website, please download and try again.

I apologize about this, and about the "unidentified developer" warning. I really need to get my Apple developer membership sorted.

Quote:
Generally most of what you have allocated into the MacOS starter folder usually goes into the Resources folder
I will read up on the proper way of doing things and move them around. I will also read up on the PkgInfo file and see about creating one.

Quote:
There appears to be a lot of references to mail within the app
You're probably referring to the various ".crt" files inside MacOS/certificates. That is just a naming convention for the certificates that I2P uses to connect to the bootstrap servers (it's equivalent of GWebCaches).

Quote:
Does that mean the dev(s) are monitoring everyone's MW (and system)?
This is an important question, and the answer is no, BUT I am running a MuWire hostcache (aka GWebCache) which crawls the network, so if I wanted to I could build a graph of who is connected to who. Also, I run an update server to whom MW nodes report their current version, so I have an idea of who is running which version. Note that I don't see actual ip addresses, just the cryptographic identities.

Quote:
Any possibility of shifting to self-updating options in the future?
Certainly, once I get my Apple Developer membership sorted it can happen. There are some anonymity issues with that though; right now it's possible to download MW through I2P and I don't know the ip addresses of most MW users. If I start using Sparkle I will be able to see that, so it needs to be a very optional feature.

Quote:
One occasion I noticed after removing the files so I could rename them (the physical files)
I don't know how iTunes handles things, but it's important to mention that MW doesn't like when things change while they're shared. So if you need to rename, edit or delete a file you should un-share it from MW first.

Quote:
I thought for music it might be best to rename the file starting with the artist, album and song title in that order.
The comment system in MW exists exactly to alleviate the need for this. Any keywords you put in a comment will be searchable, so even if the file is named "song.flac", as long as it has the artist, album and song name in the comments others will be able to find it.