View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2019
Enthusiast

zlatinb is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post
But is the comment system limited to only MW searches?

Yes, the comment system as well as everything shared on MW is only visible to MW.

Quote:

That inspires another question. What chances are there of my MW finding search results from other ip2 clients in other groupings/communities, etc. or vise versa? Example i2phex.
Interesting idea but I doubt it will happen. I2Phex specifically hasn't seen any development activity in years as far as I know. If there appears a well-documented platform that I can integrate with, then I will certainly consider doing that.

Quote:

The Trust feature I find to be a difficult concept. How can I be certain a host is not a honey-pot investigator even if the files appear to be fine?
Well that's generally a problem with every trust system. The best advice I can give is to take more things into account than just whether the files are genuine - for example what the user shares (can check via "Browse Host") and what the user searches for (can set up a ".*" regex rule in the Content Control Panel). Of course out-of-MW communication with the user in question is always a good idea. But neither of these is a silver bullet.