View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2019
Enthusiast

zlatinb is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post
I've yet to see an update message. Unless I closed the message without thinking. But I have restarted the app over the past day. Edit: Another restart and no update message. I do wonder if this issue is osx specific. I've been uploading the 0.5.7 update parts so perhaps those on linux & windows have been receiving the update messages. I'm still on 0.5.6

That puzzles me, 0.5.6 should download a mac-specific update file called "MuWire-mac-0.5.7.zip". Can you open the file ~/Library/Application Support/MuWire/MuWire.properties and tell me what the "updateType" property says?

Quote:
But doesn’t this mean that potentially people (downloaders) will be sharing "song.flac" without support information and thus a little meaningless? People would need to guess what song of the same title and artist, etc. That is not only if they choose to share what they download but also to a smaller extent for themselves to recall what details existed if the file's ID tags were not particularly inclusive. I've previously seen poorly (or barely or non-existent) tagged files across networks and it can be annoying.

What you describe is a big issue and I don' t know if a perfect solution exists. Comments in MW only "travel one hop". But I'm working on a new feature which will help when people rename the files they download, amongst other things. More details here https://github.com/zlatinb/muwire/wi...e-Certificates

Quote:
Any possibility of adding interactivity with the uploads window?
Things like right-clicking with options such as view file information, find in library, find on disk, etc. This is particularly relevent if a shared file is simply "song.flac" and your library has multiple files of same song but different versions (such as live/studio/rehearsal, jam, etc.)

Probably due to the way uploads are listed via Java, the uploads listings are difficult to select for more than a second or two.

I'll look into it. The selection thing is fixable for sure, I just never thought the uploads window would need to be interactive so didn't bother to preserve the selection across updates.