View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2019
Enthusiast

zlatinb is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post
I'm starting to wonder if there is a problem at my end because I appear to have skipped 0.5.9; I am yet to see an update message.
Unless you changed the default update check interval from every 24 hours you would have missed 0.5.9 because it lasted less than that lol.

Quote:
After the update I noticed search hits and upload counts reset.
I had to change the format of the search hits to show who has performed the search, that's why they reset. They are still persisted across sessions. The upload counters should not have reset though.

Quote:
Negative Tree (Files which are explicitly not shared): I notice there's directories listed that I'm also supposedly sharing.
The negative tree lists files which are not shared but are inside a watched directory. If you see a directory there it just means the directory is shared, only if you see a file inside such a directory it means that specific file has been explicitly unshared. The negative tree display is more for debugging purposes as you can't really do anything with the tree, it's read-only.

Quote:
If certificates have been produced and you wish to adjust the name of the file, how difficult is it to make changes without polluting (creating a mismatch with) the certificate or removing and replacing the certificate?
It's impossible; the point of certificates is that they are a snapshot of the file at a specific time. If you want, you can delete the certificate file from the ~/Library/Application Support/MuWire/filecert directory but as the warning says someone may have already gotten it from you. There is no problem issuing a second certificate though, just click "Certify" again.