View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2019
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatinb View Post
Not as thoroughly as I should have; more specifically I didn't test when the installation has existed from the 0.4 series like in your case. ...
Is there any setting(s) I should change or delete in order to fix the update issue? I had not used MuWire for about a week. After starting I downloaded an update, then I noticed several hours later I was downloading another. Then some days later noticed I had downloaded quite a few. Not sure how long I've been connected (does not appear to be a tool to show this) but I guess it is about 4 days. (I have uploaded 100% of the part update.)

So not only am I not receiving update notifications but the old issue of multliple copies of the update downloaded. That's not especially fair on those who are sharing both the bandwidth and their upload MB totals. Nobody else has come forward about this issue?

MuWire - an anonymous P2P app-muwireupdatedownlds.png

Edit: It might be my fault: I found an issue within my own setup. The download folder didn't appear to exist so I guess this might be what's caused the problem. I'll see. My downloads folder is not on the system drive but a sub-folder elsewhere. I don't like using the system drive for anything but the system. This approach might be safer in more ways than one, not only the health and efficiency of the drive.