View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2020
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatavka View Post
... If you want to donate---this project cost us quite a bit of money---the link is https://igg.me/at/wireshare
The project had not been costing anything. Why the sudden costs and why the sudden push to gain money?
SourceForge and Github should not be costing anything at all for a free open source project. I've opened projects without any setup or running costs.

Exactly what warrants the program to be pushed to version 6, a major release. What 'major' improvements have been made? What major improvements will people see in the program's performance? Did you fix all the bugs before considering making changes? (this is normally the logical thing to do.)
Do you know what are the bugs in the program? (I certainly know what several of them are.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatavka View Post
... cost us ...
Cost who exactly? bigjx made no mention of costs and was surprised about you switching things around. You show up once or twice every year or three and want to make drastic changes without discussing things with the actual coder (sometimes breaking the program which bigjx has to fix.) You are not the coder. Anybody can open a project but that does not make them the king of all decisions particularly when they are not coders. That also does not fit with either a 'team' project or the spirit of the open source community.

Just curious.

Not sure why you feel you should be getting money out of the project. (Greed?)