View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2020
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I wonder where you'd be had bigjx and I not merged projects with the present one six years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatavka View Post
I attempted to reach out to BigJX several times before pulling the Git logs, seeing that there hadn't been any changes checked in over a few months …
My understanding is bigjx tends to go through particularly busy periods at work and thus might be slow to respond at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatavka View Post
… WireShare … refused to connect for half a day, notwithstanding my new GNUTELLA.NET file, firewall gone, whatever I did it took its sweet time.
I know one reason, a redundancy in the code approach. My own custom version is particularly fast to connect (as good as 2009) and reliable with no major drops during a session, a particular problem I had been witnessing over a few years regardless of program version.

Out of curiosity do you ever connect as an ultrapeer? Do you port forward or use UPnP?

After being away in the heavily fire affected region of my state for a month, upon returning found my programs were all firewalled and took me some time to figure it out. My partner's ipad had stolen my static network address. (My video card had died upon returning before eventually getting things back up.)