View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2022
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepybear91 View Post
... It's Itunes versions of 10.7 and 10.8 and newer will not load onto my computer. I will try that link that you've posted above, thanks. Both of my laptops are 64 bit Win7.
I did not see a Win 7 64-bit version, only Win 8. I tested installing iTunes on Win 8 a few days ago but that was iTunes 12.10.

But, a simple google of iTunes version for Win 7 brought up this: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2065?locale=en_US (iTunes 12.10.11)

According to the System Requirements, it is or should be compatible with 64-bit Win 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepybear91 View Post
... It's Itunes versions of 10.7 and 10.8 and newer will not load onto my computer. ...
I had initial issues opening iTunes on Win 8. Firstly there's a system pop-up that declares it was trying to open or something. I needed to click a small link to see the option to allow it. But still, first attempt at opening failed. So I right-clicked and chose Run as Admin. That worked. Not being very Win savvy I do not know if that was a bad decision or not but at least it opens normally now.

Edit:
I have just tried installing iTunes 12.10.11 on Win 7. Firstly, my version of Firefox would not show the download button at top of page (but I do have a graphics issue with Win 7 VM.) Thus I downloaded on Mac before transferring.
Installing was easier than Win 8. Unlike Win 8 I did not need to choose Run as Admin to open and iTunes opened without issue. But I wonder if this is because I might be using the admin account. Also unlike Win 8, I had a previous version of iTunes on Win 7.