View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2022
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

No reply from the OP. I guess they gave up.

I found a complication with the installer I created. It works fine with FW 4.21.8 on Win 10 each time. But fails with FW 4.20.9 (due to a program support files hash check at startup) on Win XP. I'll be away for a few weeks, so after I return I'll investigate further to see if this issue affects the FW 4.21 sub-versions and other earlier FW versions and on different Windows releases. If so, looking at possible alternative methods of solving the issue for the other FW 4 releases.

FrostWIre 4.20.9 startup error:
Code:
com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUILoader$StartupFailedException: file [icu4j.jar] has hash of [797A3C51B62EB424D3EA70901ECAD9E4] instead of expected [C2ABF69CF358294B54323F0BA8539D91]
	at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUILoader.verifyHashes(Unknown Source)
	at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUILoader.sanityCheck(Unknown Source)
	at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUILoader.load(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.Main.main(Unknown Source)

STARTUP ERROR!

If and only if you have the same problem and only if you are using FrostWire 4.21.*, you can try the FrostWire 4.21 patch bug-fix installer beta here.
Please do not try using it with any other FrostWire 4 version at this point in time. (You might not be able to open the program after using the above fix.) If you have any problems using such as with system permissions, please report them here if you are willing to.

Edit (2022-09-12): I have widened the compatibility recommendation to all FrostWire 4.21 sub-versions. Apologies for the installer's online translations for non-English.

I've tried FrostWire 4.21.4 and 4.21.7 and File_Girl's FrostWire 4.21.3 and all run fine with the patch.

FrostWire 4.18.6 failed for same reason as 4.20.
At this point I am not sure how to deal with the gui Hash checker for FrostWire 4.20 and 4.18.
My only thought would be a somewhat complex jar patcher to remove the hash verification by replacing certain content(s) within the jar. Probably beyond my abiities. Though I have viewed the contents, would need to check the source code to attempt to ascertain what needs to be changed.
Any volunteers?