View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2023
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Busuttil View Post
... Have tried to work it out, but unfortunately to no avail. Probably due to my limited knowledge of pc navigation....
The idea is once you use the Pin to Start option, that file or folder will then appear in your Windows 10 Start menu. Probably not at the top of the screen but further down. Not the left side of Start menu where the list of menu items is, but instead to the lower right side of the screen where all the icons are shown.

Folder on Desktop called Examples; Right-clicked and Pin to Start:
How to open a shortcut that has been changed or deleted?-examples_desktop.png

Examples folder reference in Start Menu:
How to open a shortcut that has been changed or deleted?-examples_start_menu.png

I know with the earlier Windows such as XP I will be periodically asked by the system if I want to clean the desktop due to unused or rarely used icons (shortcuts) and I always answer "no". I answered yes once and regretted it. I think you will simply need to continue to answer "no" despite the repetitive and annoying nature of the system asking such questions. A Windows expert might know how to disable these system questions being asked in the first place. Probably my main dislike of Windows is the naggy nature of both the system and 3rd party apps. This appeared to be more of a problem in the earlier Windows versions, though that might be because I spend more time on the earlier Windows versions.