View Single Post
Old 3 Weeks Ago
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Busuttil View Post
... i got stuck when I came to (Quote your wording) "Click on Edit and change the permission to deny for the users." (Unquote)....
Where do I say that?
That is not one of the steps I suggested. Also, the attachment you show of permissions is not one of the steps I suggested.

You need to find the Desktop Icon Settings as described. The only change you make (as far as I know) is to uncheck the checkbox in the top section as shown in Step 4. Keep in mind Step 3 refers to the Right-hand side.
I admit I did not follow through and test the process but believe it is the same process I used many years ago.
I'll be away for a couple of weeks starting today so I will not be able to respond until I return. I would not be able to test these things on my Win 10 until then.

The steps I show HIDE the Control Panel (and other items) from the Desktop. After that it should not cause you shortcut confusion.