View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2001
lucx

Tmpski: LimeWire IS ready for the mac...mac os x that is...the future....and it's here now.

BTW, i've had os x since it's release...and even before with the public beta...and it's been flawless...the updates are minor and seem to boost speed slightly at every release and to fix minor cosmetic things. one i can think of is longfilename support. 10.0.0 and 10.0.1 seemed to only support 32 character filenames (probably some leftover crap from 9.X), but now in 10.0.3 true longfilename support ala unix is working fine.

anyhow...i'm sure you have your reasons for sticking to os 9, maybe because you need software (such as photoshop etc.) and drivers that only run under os 9. but you shouldn't ignore the power of unix and os x because of the frequent updates...these are normal...the os has just been introduced. i don't think the original mac os ran as well as x when it was first introduced in 1984. i bet even os 9.0.x didn't even run as well as x when it was first introduced as an upgrade to os 8.6

try os x...you might just like it! ;-)

cheers